Welding & Manufacturing Company seeking a skilled, motivated and energetic Welder. Individual will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
This is a full-time position, Mon-Fri. EEOC Employer.
Submit resumes to the following:
Attn: Dana Luebbers
Fax – (618) 594-2483 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proven experience as welder. Two years preferred, but not required.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG, Arc, etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship preffered.
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus